Cycling Your Way to Work
on the Best Commuter Bike
Using a bike as a transportation method is a great way to save money, environment, and your health. Depending on where you live, you could ride it all year long, 6 months at least. If you live in a major city, an ordinary bike might even get you faster to where you want to go than public transportation or even your car.
One of the companies that got recognized as a manufacturer of the best commuter bikes is definitely Viva Bikes Design, a young Danish company founded in 2006. They take great care when designing bikes, which results in some rather stylish models.
In this article, I will review 5 Viva commuters in hopes that it will help you decide what is the best bike for commuting. They all have different prices and characteristics and one of them might be right for you.
This is one classy bike, designed for men who don't want their bicycle to be just practical but also a bicycle that looks great and attracts attention. Viva Papa 7 is that bike.
- Reflective Kenda tires for extra visibility and double-walled rims for extra durability
- Rear light for when you get caught outside during the dark
- Rear rack suitable for fixing a basket or a box on it
- Custom chain guard that not only protects your chain from dirt but also looks great
- Its only downside is that it's pretty expensive for a commuter bike
Final thought: This is the best commuter bike out there. It costs a lot of money, but if you want your bike to look fantastic as well as be reliable, this might be a bike for you. You can find it at:
Even though this is primarily a commuter bike, you can turn it into a hybrid bike and go off-road by simply changing tires that are more appropriate for that. This option makes Viva Legato 7 highly versatile.
- Kenda Slick tires for maximum speed and perfect performance on concrete
- Fenders to protect you from wet road and splashes
- High-quality Shimano drivetrain for smooth speed-shifting
- Rather expensive compared to some other commuter bikes
- No rear rack
Final thought: This is one of the best bikes for commuting. It's a bit pricey but it will last you a very long time and get you whenever you need really fast. You can find it at:
Really cool bike that you will enjoy for years to come. Its equipment is of a slightly lesser quality than the first two bikes, but that's why it will cost you less.
- Highly-durable, steel frame that is light as if it's made out of aluminum
- Simple 7-speed Shimano drivetrain for maximum efficient commuting
- Fenders to keep your pants from getting wet
- It has very narrow and hard seat many people will find uncomfortable
- Doesn't come with a gear rack
Final thought: This bike is a bit cheaper than the first two while still being more than suitable for your commuting needs. You can find it at:
This blue steel beauty is most suitable for going to work or to a near park. Its simplicity will let you get anywhere you need with a minimum of hassle.
- Light but durable steel frame and fork
- Affordable while still having very decent parts
- Powerful front and rear brakes that will do the job in any situation
- It has only 1 speed, which might not suit everyone and can prove rather difficult if you are going uphill
- No gear rack which means extra cost for you if you want to have one
Final thought: Even though this might not be the best bike for commuting, it is still reliable and it will get the job done. However, if your town has lots of climbs for you to overcome, you might want to look elsewhere as it has only 1 speed. You can buy this bike at:
This particularly affordable bike comes in black color and is best suited for doing errand around town and short rides to a park. As all other Viva bikes, it has a very intriguing design in which lots of effort has been put.
- Cheaper than all the other bikes on this list while still getting the job done
- Kenda Slick tires which will minimize your effort and make your rides enjoyable
- It has only one speed, which, unless you're in great shape, will make any rides uphill extremely difficult
- No rear rack for your shopping needs
Final thought: The cheapest of its kind, this bike will still provide you with enough joy while commuting. You can get it at:
There you have it. After reading this article, I hope you will be able to find a great commuter bike for you. There are options for everyone. If money is no object, definitely go with Viva Papa 7 City Cruiser. Its style is simply astonishing. If you want to get by as inexpensively as possible, Viva Legato 1 is the one for you. Whichever you choose, be sure to maintain it and I'm sure you won't be sorry.
Product images sourced from Amazon.com